3)FloMo

4)Round Rock

5)LD Bell

6)Coppell

7)Richland

8)Keller

9)Wakeland

10)Keller Central

SA: I will wait until all the regionals prior to this are done to make my predictions

Don't take my predictions for McAllen as a guideline for your own:
a ) I never seen any of these bands at all (except for Claudia Taylor Johnson),
b ) These predictions are based off of looking at multiple past contests (BOA, Independent, and mostly UIL contests) which may not represent how some of these bands will do in the BOA world.
c ) This is a brand-new early-season regional, meaning that virtually anything could happen.
If anything, take my predictions as a very murky picture as to how this regional could turn out (i.e. placements could be WAY different from what I'm predicting). Though, like others, I'm pretty certain that Claudia Taylor Johnson is going to win this regional.

1. Claudia Taylor Johnson (All Captions)
2. Harlingen
3. Clear Creek
4. Wagner
5. Sandra Day O'Conner
6. Lopez
7. Sharyland
8. Hanna
9. Edinburg North
10. Roma

Whenever a head band director leaves an already well established program like Reagan, it always makes me wonder what it took to draw them away.

It's probably because they want they're life to slow down, or possibly more money, those are just the two most obvious reasons I can think of

It's probably because they want they're life to slow down, or possibly more money, those are just the two most obvious reasons I can think of

To offer a couple more, some directors also really like to grow programs and move on when a program is very solid. Other times, a spouse or other desire to live in a different area may necessitate a move. There are so many potential reasons out there that it's not always a foul.

What is it with all these directors leaving? This isn't normal, is it? Was it something we said?

As if it weren't already hard enough to predict band rankings in Texas this makes it near impossible.

Bowie's percussion director/arranger left this year as well. We could see some real shake-ups in the standings if schools don't adapts well, however I'm really excited to see how new staff will help these band programs.

• 3 weeks later...

Whenever a head band director leaves an already well established program like Reagan, it always makes me wonder what it took to draw them away. 

I heard he left because he had a child, wanted to get his master's at SMU, and become a college band director. It helps to be in the NEISD loop :D

• 1 month later...

They seemed perfectly fine and up in numbers in a video I saw a few weeks ago. As far as your claims, I don't see what posting about it on the Internet without any way to back it up does. Certainly nothing good. How about we just let the scores speak for themselves next week before we talk about a "fall from grace".

Couldn't agree with this more. I was extremely impressed by their early season video. In fact, I think they sounded even better than last year which I would argue was the best that Reagan has ever sounded. 

Couldn't agree with this more. I was extremely impressed by their early season video. In fact, I think they sounded even better than last year which I would argue was the best that Reagan has ever sounded. 

I think it would be a mistake to underestimate Reagan - the changes, based on what I have seen are all going to drive Reagan to a higher level (no disrespect for the previous director) - they are bigger and stronger and have a director that is energized and driving their program. hey could surprise everyone - I am looking forward to their appearance in Conroe next week.

I think it would be a mistake to underestimate Reagan - the changes, based on what I have seen are all going to drive Reagan to a higher level (no disrespect for the previous director) - they are bigger and stronger and have a director that is energized and driving their program. hey could surprise everyone - I am looking forward to their appearance in Conroe next week.

You were 100% right, Reagan had an electricity that we haven't really seen from them before. After watching prelims I was sorta expecting them to beat the woodlands. I love the fact that they're back up near the top.