After looking at the Top 20 bands' calendars from BOA SA, this is what I've found:

Hebron, Vista Ridge, Friendswood, Keller, and Berkner (parent night?) have performances today. Reagan (Rattler Round-Up?) and Richland have performances tomorrow. L.D. Bell had a community performance last night. I guess it's pretty common!

- BOA Austin and San Antonio have new champions

- All 5A LISD bands advance to finals in all events attended

- Furthermore, Area D sweeps medals again at 5A State

- The Austin area will again have the plurality of BOA San Antonio finalists, if not a majority, including at least one medalist

I'm very, very confident in these predictions I made in another thread after watching Leander and Vista Ridge's initial videos

While I'll stay true to my prediction of a lot of flipping to happen among the LISD bands this year, I think it's gonna be really tough to dethrone Vandy in terms of UIL State. I also believe that Area D finals this year might just be a stronger field than state finals. With Friendswood and Dawson moving up, there aren't many threats to Area D IMO. Yes, Wakeland, Lake Ridge and others may make me eat my words, but I honestly think the 5th-7th place bands in Area D (which will likely not advance to state unfortunately) will be more competition for the top 4 bands then those same places at state.

Long story short - Area D finals will be just as, if not more exciting than SMBC.

Edit: removed a video from LAST years Vandy show (fail)

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but isn't this a video of Vandegrift's show last year? I thought they were doing The Planets this year, none of which I heard in the video.

Fail...I thought the show sounded familiar. Darn videos with the wrong year on them! Ignore the video, but my prediction remains the same  :P