Area B 2018

Haltom should’ve gone to state in 2016

They were 4 points out of the last spot and would have had to leapfrog Timber Creek.  Concentrate on 2018!  Win at Mansfield and show improvement over BOA HEB....that should be the focus.

Finals11  Keller #14  Duncanville #18  LD Bell #24  Coppell #29  Plano East #32  Timber Creek33  Haltom

Not that I think it's at all transferable, but Keller is safe. Bell is likely good to go as well. Waxahachie and Timber Creek are in a great place. I want to check the recap on performance scores for Coppell and Duncanville. But Duncanville's flavor is all UIL in the first place so I'm not willing to put a ton of stock into how they did today (unless they got like 11th or 12th).

I think this area is simply more competitive.  There are other areas that might have more of the hard-hitters (like area D), but you have a pretty good idea of who is going to make it to state, maybe with one or two competitive spots.  In this area, there are like 8 bands that are really competitive for like 4 spots, so it is just really hard to predict.

Based on what we have seen, this is what I would say:

Keller

LD Bell

Timber Creek

Waxahachie

Coppell

Duncanville/Haltom

I am not counting Haltom out of this at all, but it is hard to give them a spot based on how they seem to be doing right now.  I definitely see them fixing whatever is going on though and making this harder.  Note that I haven't seen their show yet, so this is all based on their placement at local contests.

I think this area is simply more competitive.  There are other areas that might have more of the hard-hitters (like area D), but you have a pretty good idea of who is going to make it to state, maybe with one or two competitive spots.  In this area, there are like 8 bands that are really competitive for like 4 spots, so it is just really hard to predict.

Based on what we have seen, this is what I would say:

Keller

LD Bell

Timber Creek

Waxahachie

Coppell

Duncanville/Haltom

I am not counting Haltom out of this at all, but it is hard to give them a spot based on how they seem to be doing right now.  I definitely see them fixing whatever is going on though and making this harder.  Note that I haven't seen their show yet, so this is all based on their placement at local contests.

As I said earlier, sleep on Prosper at your own risk....I think they're the sleeper here. 

At this point, I'm really concerned about Haltom...they just finished 5th at Mansfield.  This is gut-check time for them.  Earlier this week, I was wishing they had gone to BOA DFW to gauge how they would stack up against some of the other Area B bands.  Based on this result, I don't know that they would have made finals.

Richland finished 2nd.  This is based on prelim scores because finals were rained out.

I think I'm done predicting...I think I'm just going to take slips of paper, throw them in the air and see which ones land face up.  That would probably be as accurate.

As I said earlier, sleep on Prosper at your own risk....I think they're the sleeper here.

At this point, I'm really concerned about Haltom...they just finished 5th at Mansfield. This is gut-check time for them. Earlier this week, I was wishing they had gone to BOA DFW to gauge how they would stack up against some of the other Area B bands. Based on this result, I don't know that they would have made finals.

Richland finished 2nd. This is based on prelim scores because finals were rained out.

I think I'm done predicting...I think I'm just going to take slips of paper, throw them in the air and see which ones land face up. That would probably be as accurate.

I saw those results and I makes me question a lot because I heard them literally yesterday with Richland before and haltom

Was way better . That’s why it confuses me into what exactly happened. I’m not gonna count them out it’s 3 weeks away because the fact that something has to be going on

. But I also give up on prediction cause it’s all over the place

"Something has to be going on"? Yes...they're getting beat.

My friend, a little advice. You need to be realistic...I assume you're a fan of Haltom because you've been a vehement supporter based on previous posts. At some point, you need to realize that this is the 2nd time in two weeks Haltom has finished 5th. Not 2nd or 3rd.....5th.

Can they get it together? Absolutely...they're too good. The problem is...so is every other band.

Yes I know every other band is good . But I’ve heard some of these groups . Yes I’m a fan of them cause my kids . But I’m not gonna make any more prediction cause really who know what’s gonna happens from now until then .

Area D is the only one that’s somewhat comparable. But with Prosper and Waxahachie moving to 6A, the depth from 1-10 is absurd. Other than the first few spots being locked up, it’s anyone’s game for 4-7 or 8.

also I 100% predict prosper to knock out whoever’s at the bottom. There is a very good chance a consistent state FINALIST will not advance this year.

They’re the only one that’s comparable. But with Prosper and Waxahachie moving to 6A, the depth from 1-10 is absurd. Other than the first few spots being locked up, it’s anyone’s game for 4-7 or 8

IMO, there's only one, true "lock"....Keller.  Everything else is up in the air...I thought Coppell was close to a lock but they didn't make finals at BOA DFW.  That was a really deep contest so I have no idea what to make of that.

I am in awe at the depth of Area B.

After today, I’m thinking it’ll be something like (in somewhat of an order)

1-3:

Keller

Bell

Prosper

4-8:

Waxa (do people call them Waxa? Is it cool if I do that?)

coppell

Haltom

Dville

Central

I think I heard some people call them Hachie. I once pronounced Waxahachie wrong and I got an earful, jokingly of course.

After today, I’m thinking it’ll be something like (in somewhat of an order)

1-3:

Keller

Bell

Prosper

4-8:

Waxa (do people call them Waxa? Is it cool if I do that?)

coppell

Haltom

Dville

Central

Timber Creek was only 0.4 points behind LD Bell at BOA DFW and placed ahead of Prosper, even with their 8:30 am prelims time. I think we should start putting them in the conversation.

It was probably just a situation like me, where they forgot about them more than anything.

Also, after the Mansfield contest today, we need to be talking about Richland more.  They will be going to Indy in a few weeks, so we will get a good view of how good they are there.  At DFW we also saw that both Martin and Trinity are outside contenders along with Plano East and Southlake Carroll that have already been mentioned on this thread.  Man, I could keep listing other bands, but I won't since I think we are at 12 or 13 right now...

Pesh and Southlake Carroll put on really good shows at TOC. Both need to clean them up a bit. finals were cancelled there as well and I have no idea what place either of them came in for prelims.

No idea how they compare to what went on at DFW BOA either.

Area D drops off after 6th or 7th-ish. I don't think the 10th place band here would advance out of D, though. Or H. Or C.

Yeah, we wouldn't last in Area B. Area D is only hard because it's super top heavy and locked. It's hard to advance upwards. Area B is hard because there's so many that are good enough for finals.

Timber Creek was only 0.4 points behind LD Bell at BOA DFW and placed ahead of Prosper, even with their 8:30 am prelims time. I think we should start putting them in the conversation.

Oh yikes I totally forgot about them! So sorry. They’re definitely in the top 5. Editing my post now.