Favorite Cavaliers Shows

thesnareguy

I would have loced 02, had the music not been... well the music that was written.

I think in order to have a completely succesful drum corps show, you have to have music that can stand on its own. Meaning, if the Cavies would have played in a horn arc, it would have been nearly as entertaining as if they were doing the entire show. I dont think any show in the 2000's (excluding 00) has done that for me, but ecspecially 02. They played it very well, but the music IMO, was just boring.

It was very well incorporated with the show... the show was near flawless when it came to design, and they played it to near perfection (with the exception of the 3rd place drumline)

-C

Cavies '87 was my first live drum corps experience, so it's up there. Korean Folk Song is an important piece in the Cavies rep.

'95 I also saw live (standstill) and it blew me away. My brother still thanks me for taking him to that show.

'02 I saw live and loved it from the start, but I loved the show and the performance even more after I got the DVD.

I voted for Cavies 00 since my favorites weren't listed ;) 04 would be a close 2nd on this list

1990 just blew me away when I saw it, and 91/89/87 were all very powerful.

I love the new drill concepts of the last few Cavalier editions, but I do miss the early 90s/late 80s MUSICAL style

well, they had awesoeme drill for that time as well... 91 would still hang with ALOT of the upper placing corps in terms of show design, IMO.

~>conner

• 2 weeks later...
I must say I love the Cavies 2005 music, although quite a few may disagree with me. But their rendition of The Planets is by far the coolest music I've ever heard. 1995 all the way =) Especially that little circle thing at the end, that just rocked =p

lol

I thought Cavies took a huge step back musically this year, but a huge step forward in design.

I like the Cavies 05 show (2nd favorite of the 2000's) but I certainly dont think the music was great.

same goes for what I said about Cavies 02... if they played that show in a standstill, it wouldn't be able to stand on its own.

-C

lol

I thought Cavies took a huge step back musically this year, but a huge step forward in design.

I like the Cavies 05 show (2nd favorite of the 2000's) but I certainly dont think the music was great.

same goes for what I said about Cavies 02... if they played that show in a standstill, it wouldn't be able to stand on its own.

-C

The first minute and a half of the 2005 music would stand on its own. Dang... there wasn't much visual to that, it was all music.

And I liked the 2002 music... not as much as 2005 though. I still like 95 the best =)