Lets play a game, I post a show and you rate it...

Brass: 6

Woodwinds: 7

Percussion: 8

Colorguard: 8

Overall: 7

The 2002 show was great. But personally, I'm a huge fan of their 2004, 'Numbers', show. Great, great source of music. Regardless, '02 was a fantastic year for The Woodlands and should be cherished by all of those involved with the band program. It marked their first year of making State & BOA Grand National Finals after numerous attempts.

Marcus 2005 Fowl Play: Music for the Birds

Brass: 9

Woodwinds: 8

Colorguard: 9

Overall: 9

This was a really really awesome show. Period. There is no doubt about it. Very well designed, amazing attention to detail, and some of the hardest music played the extremely well. I could not believe how amazingly well done the closer (Pines of Rome) was done After what was already a show full of awesome music.

The colorguard was really got into their role and never left it for one second. You really have to admire that.

Brass: 9

Woodwinds: 8

Colorguard: 9

Overall: 9

your entitled to your opinion xenon, but how can you give the marcus drumline an 8? they're like a 10 every time. it's just the music. their shows are definitley not full of percussion features, and i don't know why. maybe it's a boa thing. none of the top boa bands seem to really have any sweet drumline anything in their shows. i think it's just a style thing, to not have a heavy percussion featured show. but yeah, marcus drumline kicks A, definitley giving them a 10.

QUOTE (G'townPIT @ Jan 14 2006, 11:18 PM)

your entitled to your opinion xenon, but how can you give the marcus drumline an 8? they're like a 10 every time. it's just the music. their shows are definitley not full of percussion features, and i don't know why. maybe it's a boa thing. none of the top boa bands seem to really have any sweet drumline anything in their shows. i think it's just a style thing, to not have a heavy percussion featured show. but yeah, marcus drumline kicks A, definitley giving them a 10.

I respect the Marcus band very much. They were fantastic in San Antonio. However, the drumline didn't really stand out for me. Not because there wasn't a huge drumline feature in the show .But, the book did not interest me as much when compared to the other top bands....Ronald Reagan, Winston Churchill, Richland, Stephen F. Austin. Execution wise, it was just about as good as everyone else.

The front ensemble was fantastic though.

Marcus Indoor Drumline is where it's at.

The reason that I gave them an 8 was not because they weren't or aren't awesome, it was that (as you and Mike have said) their music in this show was not complex enough to score it any higher.

For example, if the percussion book was anything like Haltom 2004 and they played it as well as the do at PASIC, then I would have probably given them a 10.

The reason that I gave them an 8 was not because they weren't or aren't awesome, it was that (as you and Mike have said) their music in this show was not complex enough to score it any higher.

For example, if the percussion book was anything like Haltom 2004 and they played it as well as the do at PASIC, then I would have probably given them a 10.

ok, i understand what your saying. Yeah the music just isn't written for them to stand out or anything. what i meant was that they deserved a 10 execution wise. but since we're talking about the best shows of recent history, then i guess you can't just base it on execution.

• 10 months later...

WW-? (I am a DCI freak, wouldn't know what to listen 4)

Brass-9 (best line I've heard in a while

D-line-8 (consistently strong, kept it up)

Pit-9 (I thought great job this year, better than usual)

Guard-Wouldn't know, I was too busy watching the snares

Here's a twist

Compare SFA 2005 with SFA 2003 ('round here, we all look up to '03, and '05 is my favorite show to have played in so far)

i remember seeing that show at BOA San Antonio and i was so distracted by the birds that i couldnt focus on the music at all. ive heard it was a great show though, the bits and pieces i remember were amazing

Mm, we went something like right after them? It was fairly distracting... But it seemed like a pretty awesome show.