Top Corp in '06

Trumpeter07

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't wait to hear Phantom and Crown's brass lines. Like hard core.

Hopefully the Blue Devils get out of that, mehness, of last season.

Cavies, yeah, same as always.

Bluecoats' drumline is gonna' throw again.

Right now, I think the top three will throw up between

-Phantom

-Cadets

-Crown

Yes, I think Crown is gonna' rock. They're going places, most definately.

I'm pretty sure that the Cavaliers 2002 show is different from the 2001 and 2003 shows. Especially in the drum breaks. Original compositions are really started to diverse the corps. It gives the audience something new to listen to.

Entertainment wise, the Cavalier's 2002 drum break was downright awesome. The drill was downright awesome. Let's see if your band can have their shoulders square to the sideline and march at 180ish and moving in straight lines toward the center of the field all at the same time. And keep the theme of Frameworks, constant throughout the show. Not to mention that if a show lacks entertainment (a.k.a. GE)</span> that you will not score a 99.15.

You have obviously lacked to see that I have said IN MY OPINION at least 3 times.

I told you what I'd rather watch, and I would much rather watch Cavies 97, then Cavies 02. Plain and simple, MY OPINION.

who says entertainment is judged by GE? I do, in fact, hate some shows that are completely loaded with GE. to much of a good thing is bad.

and judging by your signature, you are a Cavies fan, which means that I will never win this argument with you, even though those aren't my intentions.

and by the way, my band did square shoulders at 200 at the end of our show.

anyway,

my call

1. Cavaliers

2. Phantom

3. BD

4. The Cadets

5. Bluecoats

6. Crown

7. SCV

8. Madison

9. Blue Knights

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Glassmen

12. Spirit

--

13. Crossmen

14. Colts

15. Seattle

16. Southwind

17. Blue Stars

--

18. Captial Regiment

19. The Magic

20. Pacific Crest

21. Mandarins

22. Pioneer

23. Esperanza

24. Kiwanis Kavaliers

-C

and judging by your signature, you are a Cavies fan, which means that I will never win this argument with you, even though those aren't my intentions.

Ok..South Carolina kid. If you read my post in this thread then you would have noticed my saying that I am a huge fan of the BLUE DEVILS. Read the post dude. And by the way----I noticed your opinions. I just dont like them :P . In my opinion.

My top 12 in order:

1) Blue Devils

2) Santa Clara Vanguard

3) Cavaliers

4) Blue Coats

5) Crossmen

6) Cadets

7) Blue Knights

8) Blue Stars

9) Pacifc Crest

10) Esperanza

11) Mandarins

12) Boston Crusaders

I understand that it's your opinion and all, but esperanza's got quite a ways to go before they top the Boston Crusaders =p

and like someone already mentioned, where's Phantom, Crown, and Madison?

Plus I stated that they started to become very good in 2000.

Actually, you did say "only began to become good in 2000."

However, I regret reacting to your earlier post the way I did.

================

This idea of drum corps (in general) getting better brings up some topics I've seen on DCP (DrumCorpsPlanet). I am new to DCA/all-ages, but I have a bit of spectator experience with junior corps repetoire (mostly recordings, but a significant percent of live performances going back to 1987). From what I've seen of the earliest DCI recordings, it seems to me that starting in the mid to late eighties, drum corps came into its own as an art form, not just a musical activity. This was when the junior drum corps shows solidly and decidedly became unified shows rather than a concert of songs.

DCA Open Class

1.) Bushwackers

2.) Buccaneers

3.) Brigadiers

4.) Minnesota Brass, Inc.

5.) Empire Statesmen

6.) CorpsVets

7.) Caballeros

8.) Renegades

9.) Carolina Gold

10.) Frontier (not too shabby for a corps in only its second year) ;)

11-12.) I won't venture a guess

13.) Kilties

14.) Rochester Crusaders

15-18.) I won't venture a guess

DCA Class A

1.) Alliance

2.) Chops

3.) Govenaires

4-8 or so.) I won't venture a guess

Renegades to 8th? no way.

I think Grenadiers could make a strong push this year... they almost got in last year, with a good show. I hope they get more numbers, and maybe an even better designed show, and they could make a huge push.

top 10 for DCA finals:

1. Reading Buccaneers... again.

2. Bushwackers... although they could beat the Bucs this year. it should be close.

3. Brigs... Rouge will be cool... top 3 will be a toss up.

4. Renegades... because they are cool.

5. MBI... cool corps, good hornline, could be higher

6. Empire... see above.

7. CorpsVets... almost marched with them this year... they have a mighty show, and a larger brassline. if the percussion gets better, they will be a huge threat.

8. Gold... another finals show for Gold. Tower of Power!

9. Cabs... they will drop again, unless they have a much better organizational year, and a better designed show.

10. Grenadiers... I said it already... the 10-12 spots will be close. If Grenadiers can manage a good show, with larger numbers, watch out.

all of this is speculation, as most corps in DCA have switched to stealth mode, and haven't released to much.

gonna be a great year for DCI, and DCA!

-C