school uniforms

thesnareguy

OMG. my district just accepted that we will be wearing "uniforms" nxt yr.

tucked in polos + khakis/slacks = WTF?!?!?!?

is anyone else havin to do this nxt yr?

Actually, i personally think that would help a ton on disipline. Be thankful for the uniforms you will have, kids in Africa dont even get clothes so dont complain. Im sure youll like them.

• 2 weeks later...

hey hey. yeah its terrible. pearland does it too. We can wear Khaki, Black ,Grey, Brown, and Navy Blue pants. no saggy pants (But We wear whatever style of pants we want). ANd our shirts can be any solid color- small logos, no stripes. no black on black, grey on grey, etc etc. Just recently (March 1st) they changed it a bit to where our shirts don't have to be tucked in- But if your belt loops show you have to wear a belt. no facial hair. oh and your shirt has to have buttons on it- no snaps, zippers, or ties. <_< And you have to wear your ID on this lanyard.

its pretty retarded.you can get away with like anything here...i get away without wearing my ID all the time. and before the whole "you can have your shirts untucked thing"- i always had my shirt untucked. they do very little to enforce it. Oh and no matter how much you complain they won't eliminate the dress code once its there. Believe me.

oh but wait.

i don't care anymore.

i graduate in 2 months

HAIL CLASS OF 2006

Oh and I dout it will be a "School Uniform" cause then the district would have to pay for the uniforms of lower income families or something- and they don't wanna do that- So they would have to call it a "Standardized Dress Code"

just in case you were curious-

http://www.pearlandisd.org/pisd/support_do...ssCode05-06.doc

if a lil log in box pops up- click cancle

oh and the thing about "shirts can't be tight"- thats a bunch of bull- so yes us ladies can still show off our bods haha

and no- it does NOT help on discipline.

Yeah, uniforms are not fun. I went to a school for a few years where you had to wear uniforms and it was a pain, and it just plain sucks. And of course it could be worse; anything could pretty much always be worse so that's really an irrelevant arguement. And we don't live in Africa, we live in America. Unifroms suck, I don't want 'em, that's for sure. And yeah, uniforms don't help discipline really, at least not in the experiences I've had.

no uniform here, but...

you can't have holes in your pants, or chains visible. Your skirt has to be at your kneeds, and girls shorts aren't even allowed here anymore... they have to where those bermuda short things. no sleeveless shirts, and clothes can not be in an "excsessive state of disrepair."

luckily most of that doesn't affect me... some of my pants have holes, but I can pass by with them.

-C